Small businesses will benefit from the more than 50 enhancements and new features, which include:
- Learning centre, this centre provides easy centralized access to all the available help resources, including four new 10-minute tutorials for quick start-up.
- Report centre, a centralized area within the product to navigate through reports and display report descriptions and sample views.
- Improved Microsoft Office integration, Custom Microsoft Word or Excel® documents can be opened within Simply Accounting, and reports created within Simply Accounting can be opened directly in Microsoft Excel.
- Automated backup, easily set Simply Accounting to automatically back up data at scheduled times as well as verify the backed up data to ensure its integrity.
- Improved inventory management, new features like FIFO inventory costing, and the ability to create categories within existing inventory items will enable Simply Accounting users to quickly find and report on the information they need.
- Streamlined new company setup, re-designed navigation enables quick access to the company set up areas that can be completed at the convenience of the administrator.
Simply Accounting is the number one selling accounting software package between Canadian small businesses, and it is recommended by more accountants than any other program on the market, says an independent survey of over 90 accountants who work with small business clients, conducted in Canada in April 2006.
For its 2007 version of Simply Accounting, Sage Software wanted to listen to its customers to improve its products. About 35 per cent of the changes that went into the 2007 Simply Accounting software was driven by customer feedback, said Hugo Croft-Levesque, product manager for Sage Software. One of the problems that Sage had in the past was the lack of a formal feedback process for its customers. Part of the new feedback process, said Croft-Levesque, is to take the suggestions the company wants to implement and do an initial design on paper which is then shown to customers for some validation then changes are made to the paper prototype before it goes final.
Several of these new features and enhancements were made to the unusual iterations of Sage's Simply Accounting Software for 2007. In its entrepreneurial edition of the Simply Accounting product, Croft-Levesque said six new ease-of-use-features were added such as automated backup and a report centre, which is a centralized area within the product to navigate through reports and display report descriptions and sample views.
Simply Accounting Basic has 10 new features that include the ability to merge records.
SIMPLY ACCOUNTING PRO 2007 has 13 new features such as the ability to do packing slips and apply sales discounts that is shown on the invoice as well as the ability to do multiple ship-to addresses.
The Premium edition has 15 new features that include new inventory categories. The accountants' edition has 17 new features including the ability to merge general ledger accounts and is compatible with data that comes from the SIMPLY ACCOUNTING ENTREPRENEUR 2007.
In addition, all versions of Simply Accounting 2007 have over 30 usability enhancements that include a natural language search and a new learning centre that provides centralized access to available help resources. And there is improved Microsoft Office integration, where custom Microsoft Word or Excel documents can be opened in Simply Accounting and reports created within Simply Accounting can be opened directly in Microsoft Excel.
As well, Sage Software has introduced the Simply CARE plans, which provide small businesses with complete product bundles that include product upgrades, payroll tax updates and unlimited access to technical support.
While the company has 55 per cent of the retail market share, Sage Software is all about the channel, said Croft-Levesque, and is relying on it to get the word out on the 2007 edition of Simply Accounting. "The re-seller channel for us is the recommender channel. We have a really big accountants' network of about 6000 accountants and accounting professionals like bookkeepers. Those guys drive our business and when we asked Simply Accounting users what was the biggest influence to purchase, 45 per cent said accountants," he said.
The company is already in the planning stages for its 2008 edition and Croft-Levesque said the company plans on continuing to listen to its customers for feedback on what features to add.
You can find all Simply Accounting 2007 products for the best prices here:
SIMPLY ACCOUNTING ENTREPRENEUR CROM 2007
SIMPLY ACCOUNTING PRO W/ CROM SUPPORT 2007
SIMPLY ACCOUNTING PREMIUM W/ CROM SUPPORT PAYROLL SERVICES 2007
SIMPLY ACCOUNTING PRO W/ CROM PAYROLL SERVICES 2007
For writing this article was used resources from:
e Channel Line